Advice on starting MT course

Medical transcription is a method of producing one of the many vital documents that become a part of the permanent record of every patient. It does not matter if a patient is seen in a clinic or admitted to a hospital. Every physician treating the patient must document everything done in the course of treatment. Accurate record keeping is an absolute necessity for future reference and to meet the stringent requirements of insurance companies and government regulations

Moderator: moderator

Joyce

Advice on starting MT course

Postby Joyce » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:45 am

Hello,

Like many, I am planning to enroll for a course in MT. I am hoping to start in January. At the moment I am working full time. I like my job, but I am tired of traveling 1 1/2 hours one way to work. My plans are to eventually work out of my home. I have seen several people ask about the possible income that can be made from doing MT, but I have not seen any response. I am trying to get an idea of the money potential. I understand that experience makes all the difference in the world. My hope for this, is that I can make a comfortable living. If anyone would lend their advise I would be grateful.

Thanks a million.

Joyce

Return to “Medical Transcription?